- 24 Nov 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
How to change Edition
- Updated on 24 Nov 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
If you have multiple editions of Flood Modeller available, for example via a network licence, you may know in advance which licence you want to use. This means if you know (for example) a Professional Edition license is sufficient for your modelling needs, you can free up one of the Unlimited Edition licences on the network.
You can open Flood Modeller (which by default will automatically open using the largest licence available) and then reduce the licence Edition from within the interface if using Flood Modeller v5.1 or later.
Even better, if using Flood Modeller v6.0 or later, it is possible to select your licence Edition within the configuration file so each time you open the interface, the specified Edition will be opened automatically.
Both of these options are described below.
Reduce Edition from within the interface
To reduce your licence from within the interface:
- Open Flood Modeller
- Before loading anything, click on the Start tab
- On the left, click the Info tab to view information for your project.
- On the right of the screen, click the blue arrow to the right of Licence Information and your licence details will be displayed below. Please note this may take a few minutes to be displayed.
- Click the Reduce Licence button provided to adjust the Edition of Flood Modeller in use for your session. If you are using Unlimited Edition, the button will reduce this to Professional Edition. If you are using Professional Edition, the button will reduce this to Standard Edition.
- If you change your mind and want to increase the functionality on the licence in use, simply close your session of Flood Modeller and reopen a new session - the software will always automatically open using the largest licence available if you have not selected your licence edition via the configuration file.
Select Edition via the configuration file
To select your licence edition via the configuration file:
- Completely close Flood Modeller
- Locate your formsed.ini file. By default, this is located here:
- Open the formsed.ini file within a text editor
- Navigate to the [Preferences] section
- Add lines* within this section as desired; these lines can be added anywhere within the [Preferences] block:
Line in formsed.ini
Searches initially for a LITE edition licence for both the interface and solvers
Searches initially for a STANDARD edition licence for both the interface and solvers
Searches initially for a PROFESSIONAL edition licence for both the interface and solvers
Searches initially for a UNLIMITED edition licence for both the interface and solvers
Searches only for a licence of the edition specified by the PREFERREDEDITION tag. Please note Y and T are acceptable to be used in place of 1. 0, N or F (or no line specified) give the default outcome of searching for other licence editions if the edition specified cannot be located.
- Save and close the formsed.ini file
- Open Flood Modeller and enjoy your optimised licence searches
*Please note other configurations are available for your formsed.ini and only the most common options are provided on this page. For a full list of configuration options, please view the page Preferential licence searching - All configuration options. For further assistance, please contact email@example.com.