- 06 Oct 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
How to produce a plot of 2D time series results
- Updated on 06 Oct 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
The Time Series Plot tool is used to view the time series plot of the 2D model results at a user specified point on the domain of the 2D model. Time Series plots can also be used to view the results from embedded structures, please see the How to embed a 1D structure in a 2D model section of this manual for further details.
To produce a time series plot:
- Load the following data:
- A TIN (Triangular Irregular Network) file with 1D results loaded on it OR a set of 2D results (.2dm or .sup or xmdf.sup).
- A suitable background layer to enable you to locate points where you wish to review time series data, e.g. a ground grid, an aerial photo or map tile.
- In the 2D Results section of the Results tab, click the Time Seriesbutton. A new window will open (initially showing a blank time series chart).NoteEnsure you are in the correct section of the Results tab - the Time Series button on the far left is for 1D results only.
- Click on the Map view and you will see a square (usually red) marking the location where time series data are to be extracted. Then, on the time series plotting window, click in the box next to a dataset you wish to plot. A tick will appear in the box and the associated data will be added to the adjacent chart. Every subsequent click on your map view will refresh the chart with data from the revised location.
There are a range of options displayed in a menu when you right-click on the chart. The explanation of each option is provided below:
- Copy Image - Copies the image in the viewer to the clipboard.
- Export to Excel - Exports all chart data to Excel.
- Change Line Colour - Changes the colour of the line showing various information on the plot
- Save Image As - Saves the image as an .emf, .png, .gif, .jpeg, .tif or .bmp file and specifies the location the image should be saved to.
- Page Setup - Gives access to the page setup window, allowing the user to edit the way the page will be printed.
- Show Symbols - Adds a pattern to features for easier identification later.
- Print - Opens a window allowing the user to start printing, select a printer and set various other related settings.
- Show Point Values - When 'Show Point Values' is activated, holding the cursor above line showing the 1D/2D model results will provide information about the X, Y and Z co-ordinates of the nearest point on the status bar below the graph.
- Un-zoom - Un-zooms to the previous zoom extent.
- Undo All Zoom/Pan - Cancels all zooming and panning which has been carried out, returning chart to the original view.
- Set Scale to Default - Sets the scale of zoom level to the default one (the one used at the start of using the Time Series Plot).